May

7 of the Best Online Reputation Management Tools

Posted By

Comments : 9

There a many tools out there to help manage your online reputation and we have put together seven of what we consider the best. Our list combines a variety of free, low cost and enterprise levels depending on what your needs are. Most all these tools monitor social media but some go the extra mile and will go as far as monitor just about everything that crawlable on the Internet.

1) Trackur

Trackur was founded by Andy Beal in 2008. Trackur monitors just about anything people may find you for in Google or the other major search engines. This includes social media blogs, social networks, Twitter, Facebook, forums, images and video. An important function is Trackur shows you how influential the people talking about you are.

Pricing: Several pricing models offered including a free option.

Free Trial: 10-day trial (on any plan)

2) BrandsEye

Brandseye started in 2004 and offers brand management. You can set up your account to receive notifications via email, RSS or SMS for any mentions of your brand. BrandsEye can also be used for competitive analysis and monitoring your competitors online.

Their Team Workflow allows for multiple users to work on brand management and engagement. This is a great solution for large companies that will have several people working on online reputation management.

Pricing: Starting at $199 per month for up to 10 monitored phrases.

Free Trial: 2 week trial

3) TweetBeep

Created by Michael Jensen this tool only covers Twitter but will allow you to monitor mentions of you, your products, and your company, anything, via hourly updates. This is a great tool for those that just want to monitor Twitter and do so cost effectively.

Pricing: Three paid pricing levels starting at $5.00.

Free Trial: 5 Keywords for free

4) Google Alerts

One of the best free tools out there. Google Alerts let’s you monitor the latest results from the web and news about any keywords you want. You can receive updates via email as they occur. Google Alerts is also a great way for keeping up on what the competition is doing.

Protip: Set up an exact keyword search. To do so just put a plus sign in front of the keyword you want to track. ie. +keyword

Pricing: Free

Free Trial: N/A

5) Alterian

Monitor what people saying about your brand and interact with them quickly from the interface. Alterian offers in-depth, analytical reports that include languages, countries, demographics and emotions. There are several training options to help you learn there interface and tools.

Pricing: Starts at $500 per month

Free Trial: N/A

6) Brandwatch

Brandwatch started in 2007 and is located in the UK. Every account gets unlimited users, an account manager which includes analysis in 20 different languages. Monitor keywords or brand mentions on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, Tumblr and all other major social media websites.

Pricing: Starts at around $600 per month

Free Trial: Free demo available

7) Rankur

Also based out of the UK Rankur provides social media monitoring and demographic analysis. Tools to help you monitor your competitors and monitor your own online reviews. Set up alerts to let you know when a negative mention of your brand occurs. Can be set up and used in several languages to monitor your online reputation.

Pricing: Starting with a free plan but up to $98 for 150 saved searches.

Free Trial: Free plan available

Conclusion: All these tools have a variety of usefulness and monitoring they will preform. For a starter level that provides most of the bells and whistles you need we like Trackur. User-friendly Trackur covers all the essentials including news, blogs, Google+, Twitter, Facebook and forums.

9 Responses to “7 of the Best Online Reputation Management Tools”

1. Andy Beal says:

Thanks for recommending Trackur! We also have a completely free plan which can be used indefinitely. :-)

2. Stuart says:

Thanks Andy! I’ve updated the post to reflect the free option.

3. Joel says:

Well thankyou very much for including Brandwatch on your list. If anyone has any questions about us, or about the industry in general, we’re happy to help.

You can find us on @Brandwatch.

Thanks,

Joel
    Community Manager

4. Boris says:

Thank you very much for reviewing Rankur. We also offer free assistance and social media monitoring tutorial at http://rankur.com/tutorial
    Our twitter handle is @rankur_orm.

5. Robert Hunt says:

I’d like to add Transgility Review Engine to your list for the future. We are the only software system that allows companies to monitor their online information BY LOCATION. Our website is being re-built but I can send you a full data sheet if you are interested in knowing more.

Robert Hunt

6. Michael Chaput says:

Hey Stuart! I really like your tool suggestions here. I just started doing some Online Reputation Management AKA ORM for my own business. I noticed that the first page had a mixture of websites that mentioned us but didn’t provide us the best reputation.

I started by using Google Alerts but now I’m thinking I need something that is a little more robust. I think I might try Trackur based on your recommendation here. I also think Trackur might be the best for my budget as some of the other tools seem like the price is expensive for my small business.

I read another article you wrote and I really like the tips you have included. You had some really actionable tips that I’m going to try. Thank you!

7. Arjun says:

what a great post. really helped me alot to do ORM for my client.
    Thanks alot

8. I think one of the hardest parts about being a business owner is just knowing where the starting point is for different, important aspects of running a successful business! For instance, how important is having a sound video marketing strategy compared to, say, having a strong mobile website? How important is reputation management, and where should I get started with that? I don’t know – to me, that’s the toughest part, is just knowing how important different elements are, and knowing how to get started with each. I ended up using a service in Australia called Local Business Services Australia that was really amazing, as far as helping me navigate these things, but I have no idea how one would go about doing all this on their own!

9. Rajfuture says:

@Joel
    Online Reputation Management Services The fact is, anyone can say anything about your staff, company or brand and get away with it. The downside of this: one complaint of bad service will travel as fast as a virus and it will negatively impact on My business.So Help me us…